Wednesday, April 06, 2005

An Interview with our Superhero

Click the Picture to see a video interview with our hero.


From an interview by Seahawks.com

Niko Koutouvides led the Seahawks with 16 special teams tackles in the 2004 season, but it was the opportunity to see regular game action that mattered more for the then-rookie linebacker.

Koutouvides started the final two regular season games at middle linebacker for the Seahawks, his first career starts, as well as the postseason matchup against St. Louis. His 8 tackles in the final regular season game against Atlanta also tied a team high with Isaiah Kacyvenski. But it's a new season ahead, and Niko knows that the starting middle linebacker position is still up for grabs in 2005.

"In this league you've always got to compete for the starting position, and that's what I'm going to have to do," says Koutouvides. "In order for me to be the starter I've got to keep putting my work in the weight room and the film room, and keep learning as much as possible, especially as a middle linebacker. You're the leader of the defense, you've got to know your checks, and you're got to take over games."

While the Seahawks are just a few days into their off-season workout program, Niko has been a regular around the office complex for the last few weeks, reviewing his game performances from last season and what he can do to improve on them.

"These last three weeks I've been in the film room going over an entire evaluation of how many plays I was involved in, and what I actually did and what I could do better," he says. "Find out what my weaknesses were and what I need to improve on to get better for this year."

2 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger albaNY Hawker said...

Great post Monk. You should link through to the videos from this post though. You've got the technology man, use it!!!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger ADP said...

I like his enthusiasm...but I hate the weights' colors though...was that pic taken during Easter?


unfortunately, your main draw, the videos, dont sit well with my comp...I have a relatively old comp (2001),. and dialup...thats the main reason why ive been ignoring the threads on the Main site

 

Post a Comment

<< Home